There’s an audition taking place in theatre near you, and you’re not sure if you want to join, maybe you need more reasons to make the first step. Here we will give you a couple of good reasons that we hope will help you make the right decision.
Being a part of a theatre group is a good chance to learn a lot about theatre and art, about hard work and discipline, to face your fears and open new possibilities, but also to meet a lot of fun and creative people.
1. The most important reason to join a theatre should be your passion to do so, always listen to your heart.
2. It may be your first opportunity to perform in front of an audience, on stage. It’s a good way to try something new and leave your comfort zone, so go out there give it a go, challenge yourself, you may never have this chance again.
3. You may love that feeling of being on stage, and you might be good at performing and it could develop into something more than just a fun hobby or you might decide that you don’t like it, and walk away to find something new. Only you can make your own decision.
4. You can be whoever you want to try your potential for transformation and learn something new about yourself through the roles you play. Creating your roles will help you search the deeper parts in yourself, making a better relationship with your inner self, by following your emotions, and work against your insecurities.
5. Being in theatre doesn’t always mean that you have to act, there are so many possibilities. You just have to try and to find what is best for you, to write, paint, to make scenography, costumography, you can create music, sing, dance, play an instrument. There are so many ways to express yourself in the theatre but you need to work hard and learn to achieve your goals and have fun doing so….
6. Set an example to others and show them that if you love something it is not as difficult, that it is possible, and inspire them to try something new, something that they might love, but were not brave enough to do it. If you inspire others that in itself will be a great reward that might make you happy and motivate you to continue.
7. But best of all, you are a part of a group, part of the creative process, of something that is really important. You could form meaningful and deep relationships, sometimes creating lasting bonds, and find teachers who have unusual and unorthodox teaching methods.
You can have great fun and unforgettable experiences in celebration of your successful performances because a theatre group is composed of creative and compassionate people that are full of positive and creative energy.
And in the end, remember whatever you decide to do, that you will have to work hard, but don’t forget to have lots of fun, to enjoy every moment and feel satisfied… However, this is your life, you have to choose, but believe me, there is nothing to lose, you can be richer from another great life experience, which will make you a better person in different ways…
We hope we inspired you and gave you enough reasons to consider joining a theatre group and remember have fun!!!