Looking back at the history of theatre we will find that in the beginning theatre plays were played in an open space.
Throughout history, many theatres buildings were built around the world, Some of them were destroyed, some of them forgotten and some of them still stand firm.
We have made a list of 10 most famous theatres in the world.
You may agree or disagree with us, but you must admit that the theatres in our list are famous and imposing buildings.
1. La Scala de Milan: This theatre in Milan, Italy, is a landmark and is the most famous opera house in the world which is impossible to miss. It represents many of the most famous opera spectacles conducted by Arturo Toscanini, Riccardo Muti, and Gavazzeni Gianandrea.
2. Moscow Bolshoi Theatre: This another famous theatre is in Moscow, Russia. Bolshoi Theatre began its life as the private theatre of the Prince Pyotr Urusov where Empress Catherine II signed and granted the Prince the ‘privilege’ of organizing theatre performances, for ten years.
It is one of the oldest and most renowned ballets and opera companies in the world, with more than 200 dancers.
3. The Sydney Opera House: Sydney Opera house is best known in terms of aesthetics and the most modern building in the world. It has the qualification to be a world heritage site.
4. Convent Garden: Convent Garden is situated in London, England also known as The Royal Opera House. Convent Garden is the name of the area where this is situated, its a musical institution with a national and international reputation.
5. Teatro la Fenice: This is one of the best theatres in the world it is a historic and very old theatre, situated in Venice, Italy. It was built from 1790 to 1792 and the capacity of the theatre space is around 1500 spectators.
6. Teatro Real de Madrid: The theatre is situated in the heart of the capital of Spain, Madrid, opposite the Royal Palace in the Plaza de Oriente. The theatre is a highly representative monument in Madrid, it was very important to the Spanish Royal family to enjoy the best opera.
7. The Metropolitan Opera House: This opera house is the best theatre situated in New York, USA. This is the Lincoln center, described by many as the conglomeration of the arts with the most advanced technology in the world.
8. Wiener Staatsoper: This theatre was named Coliseum Hofburgtheater-monument. But in the year 1918, it was renamed to be known as the Burgtheater. This famous theatre is situated in Vienna the land of classical music. Vienna is the capital of the music spectacle known as the Night of the Opera Ball, an evening in which great personalities dance under the dome of the Wiener Staatsoper.
9. Teatro Colon in Buenos Aires: Teatro Colon is situated in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It is the most important opera house in Latin America and is one of the best in the world for the quality of its acoustics. The size of this opera house is 8,200 square meters and it is capable of seating 2487 spectators.
10. The Liceo de Barcelona: This theatre is situated in Barcelona, Spain. It is one of the oldest and best theatres in the world. It is also called the prestige of Barcelona, on its stage have performed the most prominent and well-known opera singers in the world.